Lately I’ve been on a search to live a more fulfilled life. You know? I want to get up in the morning with purpose and to go to bed knowing that I have accomplished that purpose…or at least I’ve moved one step closer to it.
I want to hear the voice of the Lord more clearly and walk in his purpose fully (because fulfillment is found in Jesus right?).
I don’t want to spend time focusing on what I’ve lost, what I don’t have or, what I may be missing out on. I want to focus His plan for my life, right now.
Not too long ago I had a conversation with one of my friends Shannon. Typically, Shannon calls me at my office early in the morning because one, she knows I get to work at the crack of dawn and two, because she says, ” I want to hear your voice!”. These early am conversations are always full of laughter, complete randomness, and often, absolutely make my day.
This specific conversation was about getting back to using our talents and abilities to fulfill purpose and to live a more fulfilled live. She challenged me to list things that I am good and love to do. The list was to serve as the beginning of finding fulfillment.
When I thought of it, I spent my 28th birthday making a list of things I felt I needed to do this next year to bring about more fulfillment and “life”, in my life. I totally forgot about that list until now!
After some brainstorming, and petitioning of her help, I came up with this list:
- Entertaining, Event Planning & Coordinating
- Prayer (specifically intercessory prayer)
- Now this one really doesn’t have a name lol but I am very resourceful. I can take whatever I have and typically make whatever I need out of it. I guess you’d call it being crafty?
- Traveling..Oh I can sure plan a great, inexpensive trip!
- Fashion, in respect to knowing what looks good together (typically lol) and dressing to fit ones body.
- Singing/Worshiping I’m not the best singer in the world by any stretch of the imagination LOL but I am a worshiper. I love love, love, a good worship service whether I’m leading it or singing from the congregation.
- This one doesn’t have a name either lol but, I am definitely a people person! It’s rare that I meet a stranger. I have an interesting ability to connect with people and to bring people who normally wouldn’t be together, together.
(the list will continue to grow but right now, this is what I’ve got)
Great a list…ummmm….Now how in the world do I use these to live a more fulfilled life?
That’s what I’m going to figure out! 🙂 My plan is to spend the coming weeks intentionally living in purpose.
Since this list is a mix of both the “spiritual” and the “natural”, I thought I’d start this journey to fulfillment by combining the two!
I will be spending the next couple of weeks blogging (and possibly vlogging), weekly (or more often) about this journey and sharing it with you! My plan is to include some random thoughts (that are often hilarious and inspired by my friend Wendy LOL), fashion posts, some real-life real-talk devotionals, a lot of sass, and even a little sensibility.
You’re more than welcome to join me! Subscribe to the blog and buckle up! This should be a fun ride!
Live it up,
Sass with Sensibility